Promote your business online
When you are preparing your marketing plan, you should consider how you can promote your business online. This can be more cost effective than traditional methods, such as advertising in newspapers or on TV. It's also easy to measure the success of online promotions, as you can collect data on the response to your promotions.
Online tools can help you reach a more targeted audience with personalised messages, which can help you build ongoing relationships with customers.
A few simple ways of promoting your business online are:
- emailing your customers or other contacts to promote events, sales, new products or services. You may consider creating a newsletter for any news associated with your business
- including banner ads, similar to ads you might see in a newspaper, which are displayed on other websites and link back to your site
- using pay per click (PPC) advertising, also known as 'sponsored links' or 'sponsored ads', which generates hits to your website by having your website appear when customers type certain words into a search engine
- engaging with customers through social tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or photo sharing sites
- creating a blog, a type of online diary that you can use to keep your customers up to date with your business
- using coupon sites or location based marketing tools
- optimising your website for mobile devices
- developing or using mobile applications
- managing online customer reviews and feedback.
- YouTube Videos